KATHMANDU, March 29 :Properties worth millions of rupees were gutted in fires that broke out in four separate places in the capital on Saturday.
While no lives were lost in any of the incidents, one person was seriously injured while trying to douse the fire that erupted in Kalanki.
Mahadev Ghosh, an Indian national from Silgudi, India was seriously injured while trying to douse the fire caught in his dendrite godown at Kalanki, Khashi Bazar, said officials at the Kathmandu Fire Brigade, popularly known as Juddha Barun Yantra.
Ghosh used to live in the godown where the incident happened due to gas leak, official said.
"The two and half storied house that was completely gutted in the fire belonged to historian Gyanmani Nepal," said Kishor Kumar Bhattarai, chief of Kathmandu Fire Brigade. Bhattarai said that firefighters struggled for hours to control the fire.
According to Bhattarai, fire fighters had a hard time putting out the fire because dendrite is a highly inflammable chemical. "All fire trucks of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur fire brigades and several tankers were used to contain the fire. We even used foam, but nothing worked," he added. He said the fire raged even more when they used water.
Fire fighters, however, were able to save important documents collected by historian Nepal.
Another incident took place in Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) ward 31 where fire broke out from Rajkumar Tandukar´s kitchen on the fifth floor. The fire also destroyed Babukaji Tandukar´s home, which adjoined Rajkumar´s house.
According to Babukaji, the fire broke out from Rajkumar´s kitchen while making feast for the Ghodejatra festival.
Likewise, yet another fire incident occurred in E Block of Oriental Apartments at Dhapasi, Kathmandu. The fire brigade that reached the site said the fire resulted from a short circuit and all the properties of the apartment were destroyed. The office said that no fire safety instruments were installed in the apartment, despite repeated instructions to apartments and big malls to take adequate precautions.
Similarly, another fire took place in a public place at Dhapasi. "It started in a bamboo bush and spread to surrounding areas," he said.
To minimize the numbers of fire incidents that have been occurring, start it with securing safe for your self. Albeit, if you really have an immediate emergency, here´s a safety service that will help you be directly routed to the nearest 911 as you press the panic button. There is much more features you can ever find, just check this out: http://safekidzone.com/?a_aid=5328991a0b72c
.It´s terrifying to hear about that. However, I found this safety service which helps us get protected. You can be connected to your safety network or be directly routed to the nearest 911 if you have an emergency. Just press the panic button, then there it is. But, it´s not just that, there are much more features that you can take advantage. You may check this out here to see or grasp more features: http://bit.ly/1nctEuL