SIRAHA, Oct 4: Police said that property worth Rs 5 million gutted when fire erupted at the Ncell center here in the district on Thursday morning. However, the center has claimed the loss of the properties worth Rs10 million.
Though an exact cause of the fire is yet to be known, however, short circuit might be the possible cause as the furnishing works at the center was in progress during the time of the incident, Rajkumar Shahi, an inspector at District Police Office said.
Various goods including air conditions, batteries, inverters, UPS and Computer sets have burnt to ashes.
The fire has also damaged the wall of the house of Ram Pujan Sah in which the center was currently operating. The Hero motorbike showroom beside the Ncell center has also been slightly damaged in the incident.
The fire brigade called from Lahan brought the fire under control with the help of locals, police and Nepal Army personnel.