header banner

No bus robbery during Dashain this year

By No Author
KATHMANDU, Oct 22: No incidents of passenger bus robbery have been reported this year during Dashain and Tihar festivals, thanks to the stringent security measures adopted by local administrations.



In previous years, such robberies were common along the East-West Highway, especially at places adjoining dense forests.[break]



Officials at Home Ministry said no such incidents occurred as Armed Police Force (APF) and Nepal Police personnel were mobilized to ensure security along the highway. “No incidents of passenger bus robbery have been reported this year,” said the ministry´s spokesperson Jaya Mukunda Khanal.



Khanal said the home ministry had directed all District Administration Offices (DAOs) in the vicinity of the highway to arrange regular patrolling to avoid such incidents. “Concerned district security committees had deployed joint patrol of the Nepal Police and APF personnel along the highway,” he said.



After the government implemented the Special Security Plan (SSP), only two such robberies were reported last year.



According to the police, Pathlaiya-Chandranigahapur, Chandrouta-Bhaluwang and Kohalpur-Kusum sections of the East-West Highway have been identified as highly prone to robberies.



“Though two passenger bus robberies were reported last year, but we have been able to bring down the number of such incidents to zero this year,” added Khanal.


Related story

Bus ticket booking for Dashain opens in Pokhara

Related Stories
SOCIETY

Dashain Food Recipes

My City

Dashain fair at Kirtipur

SPECIAL

Crowd of people at Gongabu Bus Park to book ticket...

SPECIAL

In Pictures: People throng to Bus Park to get adva...

SOCIETY

Unidentified gang loots Rs 13.4 million from Nabil...